What time will daily work begin and end?
Our working hours are usually 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. In the event that we need to start earlier, we will always ask for your permission ahead of time. In the event that we need to work later than 4:00 pm, we will do our best to request your permission ahead of time.
Can work be scheduled on weekends?
There may be times when we need to work on a Saturday. We will contact you to be sure this is not an inconvenience for you.
If there is an after-hours emergency, who should we call?
You may call Chris Hammond at 810-374-6400 Option #4
Who should we talk to about additional work or comments/suggestions on the project?
Additional work or questions concerning the job should be directed to the office and/or your project lead personnel.
Will any work areas need to be completely cleared of furniture?
Yes, all areas that we will be working in should be completely cleared. More details on this can be found in the “What do we need to do to prepare for the project?” section on the next page.
Does any landscaping need to be moved or protected?
We will discuss this before we begin your project.
If there are pets, where should they be kept during construction?
We request that your pets be contained away from the affected areas, so they don not get hurt or get lost and for the safety of our work crew.
If there are children, what rules apply to them around the work site during working hours? For safety, we require that children and adults stay out of the immediate work area (even after working hours.)
Will worker’s need to use our restroom?
We ask to use your restroom in your home. If you are not comfortable with this, we can supply a portable restroom for an additional fee. Please let us know before the start of your project.
When will I meet the crew? Who will be working on our remodel?
When your project commences our team members will introduce themselves and go over the project with you. Any personnel on site are a part of the team at Renovations Unlimited
Things you should expect from us:
- Courteous and professional service.
- Completion of your project in a timely manner.
- Professional care of the interior and exterior of the home.
- Labor and warranty issues will be addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- We provide proper disposal of existing materials. When possible, we will donate usable items to local charities or recycling outlets.
- All clean up. Your home will be ready to “move-in” without any major cleaning on your part.
What you need to do to prepare for the project:
- Please move furniture, window treatments, or valuable pictures from the work area. Also, clean out cabinets, closets, etc. if necessary.
- Have a clear work area. Let us know where we can park our trailers and vehicles.
- Please keep children, adults, and pets from work areas.
- We would like your permission to set one of our signs in your yard. This lets your neighbors know who we are in case they have any problems or concerns. It also serves as a marker for material deliveries.
- Please communicate any cautions or concerns to our team.
- We take pictures of all our projects – before, during and after. We may post them on our website.
________________ I hereby give consent to Renovations Unlimited to use photos of my project for their likeness in all forms and media for advertising, trade and any other lawful purposes.
________________ I do not give consent to Renovations Unlimited to use photos of my project for their likeness in all forms and media for advertising, trade and any other lawful purposes.
- Alarms – reconnection should be scheduled with your alarm service provider, if required, at the time of installation.
- Attachment (or re-attachment) of exterior or interior shutters, satellite dishes, window treatments, or other interior wall furnishings may not be possible. Please consult with us with any concerns you have prior to starting your project.
- It is our intention to have a “zero” punch list at the end of your project. Communication is essential for both of us. Every effort will be made to ensure that your project goes as smoothly as possible to make your remodeling experience a pleasant one. If we are not performing up to your expectations, please tell us. Thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you.
Beyond your initial deposit, your project will be invoiced at the start of different phases of work.
Your project may be broken down into several payments based on starting phases of work. For example, a payment may be due at:
- Start of Work,
- Start of Drywall
- Start of Flooring
For a large project, there could be as many as 3-5 payments scheduled.
The final payment is due “upon substantial completion.” Substantial completion is interpreted as the date when the construction is sufficiently complete so that Owner can occupy or utilize the improvement. Items which may require final adjustments or small back-ordered parts (such as a knob) do not negate Renovations Unlimited’s request for final payment.
Change Orders / Unanticipated Work
In the event that your project requires or that you would like to add services or materials that are not covered under our original agreement, we will provide you with a project “Change Order” with a fixed price. If possible, all “Change Orders” will be written and agreed upon and are to be paid-in-full at the time the change order is accepted.